Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Stopping for School Buses

In the past 15 years, I have lived in 3 different states. All of these states require one to come to a complete stop when a school bus stops. One of those states requires you to "stop as quickly as is safe" no matter what the distance between you and the school bus that is stopping. So I'm in the habit of stopping a fair distance away from school buses. It hasn't been a big deal before today. Today, I had not 1, not 2, not 3 but FOUR student drivers in driving school cars (you know, the ones that almost look like taxis because of the student driver sign on the top?) swerve around me and drive PAST the stopped school bus. Hello? What on earth was the driving instructor thinking? Maybe the driving instructors need to retake the license exam? I so wish that I had thought to snap pictures with my cell phone. I would totally send them to the police AND the driving school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terrifying. That is a basic safety rule. Jeez.